My Best Friend in the Kitchen

Other than the obvious...stove...refrigerator...ice cream maker (lol)....what is your best friend in the kitchen? When I got married I had no idea that this little creature would become my new best friend. Now I have to say other than a knife and maybe a frying pan, this gets the most use of any of my kitchen gadgets. Introducing....The Vidalia Onion Chopper.



Some of my love for this might stem from our insatiable craving for what we call "Allison's Salsa". Consisting of chopped onions, tomatoes and avocados, it can be time consuming to make. Not with my dear friend the onion chopper! I simply slice each veggie and then chop away! It is so handy AND keeps me from crying while I chop onions! This is seriously the best twenty bucks you can spend!

Due to it's popularity in our family and for all who are now addicted....
Allison's Salsa or Gualsa
1 avocado
2 roma or plum tomatoes
1/3 cup red onion
1/3 cup feta cheese
2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
2-4 Tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
Chop veggies....mix and enjoy!! (I add the EVOO and Red Wine Vinegar to taste)


Comments

  1. Oh, that choppper!!! It is fantastic. And, I am so upset that you posted this recipe. How I had forgotten about Allison's salsa, I don't know. But, I do know that now I am going to have to go and make some. I am so excited about this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, this sounds good! I'm going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopping by from Time Travel Tuesday. I stumbled and followed you! My post is http://practicalfrugality.blogspot.com/2011/06/why-book-reviews-are-important.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I would love it if you would link up to my Tuesday Confessional link party going on now: http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2011/07/tuesday-confessional-link-up-2.html. I hope to see you soon!
    ~Macy from Confessions of a SAHM

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhh Laura! I too am in love with my chopper!! A friend gave me mine & then a few months later I found another one at a garage sale for 10cents!!!!! I thought I'd pass it on to my mom...BUT I ended up using that 2nd one so much that I kept it :) LOL!!!
    -Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts