Surprise!!

I have a secret.

I've been keeping it for a couple of months because I just wasn't ready for people to know.

I'm pretty nervous about this.

It's life changing for me.

Peter is excited about it.

Peter has a lot to do with it!

I've told only a couple of family members and close friends.

I know that the next few months will be worth it.

I'll be tired and worn out in the end.

It's going to change my body.

It's going to be hard.

I've been waiting to post about it until it was official.

It's official.......



I'm running a half marathon in April!! 


I told Peter at Christmas that this year I would run a half marathon.  So for the last couple of months I've been slowly training.  I can run four miles now and probably more but I haven't done it yet.  I'm VERY slow so if you run like a Granny you can come train with me!

I signed up last night for the KY Derby Marathon.  It's April 30th.  I have 11 weeks left to train!  If you know me you know what a HUGE deal this is.  I don't really like running.  I hate sweating.  But it is good exercise and since Peter loves it so much it's a great way for us to spend time together and with Stafford since he comes along too!  Bear does too.  Yes our 7 pound dog runs four miles with us.  And he isn't even tired at the end.

So that is my surprise!  If you want to cheer me on I'd love to see you!!  Peter and Stafford will be there....and maybe Bear too!!
With the Little Guy after my long run yesterday

Comments

  1. YAY!!!!!! Maybe, we should just sign up and come along too.

    The training will be tough, but you will be so glad you did it. Then, you'll be hooked....I just know it.

    I am super excited for you, if you can't tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah!!! So proud of you! I wish I could be there to cheer you on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's fabulous! Where in the world do you find time to run and to train? I wish I had the time management that you must have! :) You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LAURA! matt is running the marathon! we will totally be there. are you moving back to kentucky??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts