Monday's Miscellany

Linking up with my friend Carissa this Monday as usual!

1. Guilty Pleasure

I want Lucky Charms and coffee to be the breakfast (or dinner or snack) of champions but I don't think that is ever going to happen.

2. SO much Dust!

We seriously have the best "land-couple" ever.  They are SO nice!!  This weekend our landlord came over and changed out a bunch of bulbs for me.  He is so friendly and nice and keeps talking about getting our families together.  I mean, how cute is that?  You can tell he loves this house and this area so I know it makes him happy that we are taking good care of it.

And that is where the dust comes in.  When we first moved in I got permission to take down the palm tree wallpaper adoring our dining room walls.  What I didn't realize was the mess that was hidden under a century of wallpaper.  So we had to have someone come fix the mess I made.  I've put it off because we were out of town but last week I decided to bite the bullet and just let them come fix it.  There is dust everyone.  There is furniture out of place.  They did not finish on Friday afternoon like the promised.  I am praying they finish Monday!!

3. 3 Strikes...Er 4...5?

Little Guy is on a sleep strike.  I think the problem lies in transitioning from 2 naps to 1.  I can't figure out the ideal time to lay him down.  He basically skipped naps 4 days in the last week.  For this pregnant, single for now mama that is too much!  I need that time as much as he does.  He is much more fussy (naturally) when he doesn't nap.  I thought we had turned a corner when he slept for 3.5 hours on Saturday but clearly we have not.

4. THAT Mom

I never wanted to be THAT Mom.  You know, the one who does something or let's her kids do something that you just think..wow...I can't believe that just happened.  Yeah...I was THAT Mom tonight when Little Guy got away from me at a church dinner and ran up onto the stage during a missionary presentation.  Thankfully this is a church that LOVES children and it was a more informal setting.  This kid has worn me out this week.

5. Date Night

I can't say all bad things about the Little Guy.  He's my best bud and my partner in crime right now.  Saturday night we had a date night.  I needed to go to the mall to pick up some clothes for my new nephew so of course we went together.  First we had dinner at Charley's subs.  We shared a buffalo chicken sub (no buffalo sauce for him) and fries.  Then we did a little shopping.  We finished the night up at BabiesRUs where we purchased a second one of these.  Best baby item ever!  It was such a sweet night.  I love my little man so much!!!

6. Ouh-ouh

Little Guy LOVES monkeys.  He loves them on his clothes, his pajamas.  He loves Curious George.  He loves watching them at the zoo.  Real, cartoon....it doesn't matter.  I was pretty excited when I found Littlest Guy a monkey halloween costume at Carter's for 6.99.
 

I was determined to find one for Little Guy too but figured I'd have to pay a bit more.


Found this gem for 4.99 at Crazy 8 during our date night.  So I get monkeys for the whopping price of 12.00.  I'm pretty excited about that!  Anyway need a personal baby shopper??

Hope you have a wonderful Monday!!!

Comments

  1. What cute costumes! No naps... oh no. That same thing happened when my daughter dropped to one nap. I had the hardest time figuring out the time. I hope you get some rest soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts