Curry Chicken Sandwich


I've been on a Giada kick lately and she never disappoints.  I like to think of myself as being adventurous when it comes to food but I have to say curry isn't something I tend to try.  Clearly I've been missing out.  I'm not sure what motivated me to try this sandwich but hopefully I can motivate you.  It is super easy and super super yummy!!

Here's what you need...

  • 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto, about 8 slices
  • 3 1/2 to 4 cups diced chicken
  • 1 1/2 cups arugula
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 1 tablespoon curry powder
  • 1 tablespoon lime juice
  • 2 teaspoons honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons freshly minced ginger
  • 4 ciabatta rolls

As usual I didn't have all the ingredients on hand so I made substitutions.  The more you cook you more you will become familiar with things you can switch in and out.  The original recipe called for pancetta but I had prosciutto on hand from the yummy melon soup.  She uses a roasted chicken from the store, I used chicken breast.  I also couldn't find radicchio in the commissary so I substituted arugula.

Here's what you do...

Set your prosciutto/pancetta on a foil lined pan and bake at 350 until crispy.  Instead of using a roasted chicken I boiled mine.  This is helpful for many reasons.  1. You can keep the chicken in your freezer and don't have to run out and get a roasted chicken.  2. The can save the water from boiling the chicken to use as stock in soups.  While your chicken is cooking and your prosciutto is baking mix the mayo, lime juice, honey, ginger and curry powder in a bowl.

I diced my chicken before cooking so it would cook faster.  But if you don't do this then take your chicken out of the pot and dice it.  Make sure you cut it against the grain.  Add it to the curry and mix well!

Toast your ciabatta bread and add your prosciutto, arugula/radicchio and chicken.

That's it!!  This recipe somehow manages to be hearty and delicate at the same time.  My husband loved it but I could also see serving it for a playgroup or lunch with your girlfriends.  The curry taste is mild so if this is your first foray into something using curry it is a great option!

I hope you enjoy this sandwich as much as we did!!


**Linking up with these fabulous food lovers today!

Comments

  1. This looks delicious! I love that you are willing and able to substitute when you don't have all the ingredients. That's exactly how I cook! I am your newest follower. I hope you'll stop by Posed Perfection for a visit and maybe even a follow back. Have a great week.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love curry chicken salad, so glad you shared this recipe! I just pinned it! I saw your yummy share at Keeping it Simple Link party! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the follow back. I look forward to catching up on your blog. Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really good - I pinned it on recipes I want to try! I am a follower of your blog and would love if you could hop over to my blog (http://sarahsaturdiy.blogspot.com/) and share the blog love. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love curry. I never thought to put curry chicken on ciabatta, but now I have to try it! I'm also all for substitutions. came over from DelightfullyDowling and I can't wait to see what else you've cooked up

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum - what a tasty looking sandwich!


    Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success
    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is my kind of recipe! I'll bet the ginger gives it an awesome kick! I've read about how healthy curry is so I try to eat it as often as possible. We love popcorn drizzled with olive oil and sprinkled with curry!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This sandwich looks delicious. I love curry. I've pinned it so I can make it soon. Thanks for sharing on Whatcha Whipped Up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks divine!

    Thank you for linking up to Wonderful Food Wednesday. Hope you will come back again next week.

    Kerrie
    http://familyfoodtravel.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great recipe that we will really enjoy. Hope you are having a great week and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
    Come Back Soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm always looking for new sandwich ideas. This looks so tasty! I'd love it if you shared this at my Show & Share party:

    http://millerfamilyorganizer.blogspot.com/2012/09/show-share-wednesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love curry anything. I am your newest follower, and look forward to reading your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have never been a fan of curry, but this sounds really good. I love Giada too, so I think I will give this a try.

    Thanks for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. Stop by on Sunday to vote.

    Also, I am now following you on facebook and your blog - pinned this too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks GREAT! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Please come back on Sunday to VOTE!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, this looks soooo good. Thank you for sharing. Visiting from Blissful Bucket List. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/09/make-it-pretty-monday-week-14.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks delicious! I would love to have you come share 'Your Great Idea' at my link party, hosted every Saturday (and runs through Tuesday.) I know my readers would love you! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks delicious!! I can't say no to prosciutto!!! This is a great one! Thanks for sharing at Foodtastic Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yummy!! This looks terrific. I love using curry. Thanks for linking up to Tasty Thursdays on The Mandatory Mooch. I hope you link up again this week. The party will be live tomorrow night. www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

    And don't forget to "like" my Facebook page if you haven't already. www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

    Thanks, Nichi

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wanted to let you know that you were featured on my Wonderful Wednesday link up at: http://printabelle.com/?p=7007
    If you would like a featured button, I have them here: http://printabelle.com/?page_id=724 Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A chicken sandwich is also good served with lettuce and sliced tomato on the sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yum...can't wait to try this :) Thanks, Laurel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts