When Life Changes Forever...

Do you you ever think about those days that changed your life forever?

One Saturday night I got into bed.  I woke up the next morning and went to church.  And I met Peter.  And my life changed forever.

One day Peter came home with a diagnosis.  And my life changed forever

One morning I woke up and my water broke.  And my life changed forever.

One day I woke up in our house in Charleston for the last time.  And my life changed forever.

One night I couldn't sleep because of painful contractions.  And my life changed forever.

Last Friday Peter and I went on a date.  And our lives changed forever.

I can't go into details at this point in time but we're processing some big information in our house.  Don't worry, everything is ok.  But we are faced with uncertainty.  We are faced with the unknown.  We are faced with life changing forever.  And it is out of our hands.

What a wonderful statement.  Seriously!  We've come to LOVE and APPRECIATE the fact that our lives are not our own.  We really believe what we say we believe.  We serve a God of love.  We serve a Father that truly has our best interests at heart.  We serve a risen Saviour!

On Friday morning, before my life changed forever, I was reading Morning & Evening by Charles Spurgeon.  Spurgeon is pretty deep.  I'm not sure we would've been BFF in real life.  He is WAY smarter than I am, although I'm much funnier.  Regardless his words are powerful.

I can't stop thinking about what I read that morning.  He's talking about Psalm 73:22 which says "I was senseless and ignorant; I was a brute beast before you."  That isn't a typical memory verse for your Sunday School class if you know what I mean.  It's pretty obscure and honestly kind of creepy sounding.  But the truth that Spurgeon gleans from this verse is priceless.

He writes...

"David.....had been envious of the present prosperity of the ungodly, forgetful of the dreadful end awaiting all such.  And are we better than David that we should call ourselves wise!  Do you profess that we have attained perfection or to have been so chastened that the rod has taken all our willfulness out of us?.......Look back, believer; think of your doubting God when he has been SO faithful to you--think of your foolish outcry of "Not so, my Father," when he crossed his hands in affliction to give you the larger blessing; think of the many times when you have read his providences in the dark, misinterpreted his dispensations, and groaned out, "All these things are against me" when they are all working together for your good!"

Does it hit you like it hit me?  We do not know the mind of God.  How often to we say to him that we don't like what he is doing in our lives.  We complain of this or that.  We are frustrated.  We are scared.  We think we can not trust him.

But he is working out our lives for our own good.

My prayer is this.  That on those days when our lives change forever, whether the change is known or unknown, scary or exciting, painful or joyful, I will PRAISE him and continue to choose JOY!


Linking with Shell

Comments

  1. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charleston! S.C.? I'm from there :) Such a great reminder to leave everything up to God and just embrace the change that he gives us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is very difficult to do! I'm trying. And trying. And trying. Saw you on follow me Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow, sounds like you've had quite a few changes in your life..it's so true what you said. it really does get tough not knowing...feeling like you're aimlessly floating through life. but you're right, we have to rejoice and praise him even when we have no clue what's coming next!
    (i came to your blog today via follow me wednesday! happy wednesday!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Seems easier to accept things when we know it's out of our hands!

    Hoping everything is okay!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Letting go and trusting in HIM! Something I'm learning to do as well. SO glad you are walking by faith! :) Stopped by from Shell's.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from PYHO and so glad I did. I really needed to read those words today. "All that is against me working for the good of me." Powerful. Thank you! Hope all is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful words. i've been looking through your blog and i really, really like it.

    see.. i love how internet makes it possible for Christian people/bloggers to be this huge community. internet really is what people make of it...

    it must be (so)... liberating

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts