Day 12--Here & Now

My sister-in-law and her two sweet boys left today and the house is too quiet.  We were pretty tired from our busy week so we watched some Curious George and cuddled on the couch.  It's the first chilly day here and so it was nice to not have anywhere to go or anything pressing to do.

I've been struck lately by how quickly time is passing.  Last year at this time I was still trying to figure out how I would survive 6 lonely months without my sweet husband.  And all of the sudden I have a six month old who is sitting up by himself!  I've heard this twice in the last two days but it is true, with children the days are long but the years are short.  How quickly they grow up.

I'm struggling with living in the here and now.  I keeping thinking....if only I could get my house clean.  If only I could get organized then we would be able to do more fun things.  If I could only lose some weight then I would feel good about myself.  If we lived closer to family things would be easier.  If  I can just get to this point....life will be good.

I wrote down this quote a few months ago.  I forgot to write who said it.....so if you know tell me so I can get them credit.

Don't waste your life waiting for everything to be perfect before you start enjoying it.

I think I need to print this one out and hang it up in every room.

My kids don't need everything to be perfect to have a happy life.  I don't have to be skinny to be fun to be around or stylish.  My house doesn't have to be perfect every time someone comes over.  I know these things are true but I need to believe them.  I'm missing out on wonderful moments because I'm waiting for them to be perfect.  And the thing about it is...they never will be!

I'm praying to be content in the now.  I'm saving for plane tickets so we can see our family more.  I'm eating healthier so I can eventually fit into my skinny jeans.  But I'm going to stop waiting for life to be perfect and enjoy where I am today.


Comments

Popular Posts