The Grump

Peter doesn't get grumpy very often but when he does I notice.  Most of the time I notice before he does, point it out, and make him even more grumpy.  I think I have a case of the "I didn't realize I was grumpy but clearly I am" lately.

So...as usual time to make an "I'm thankful for" list.  Because I have so many things!!

*My children were angels, yes angels, during our 15 hour trip back from KY.  We had to go unexpectedly for my Grandaddy's funeral and honestly I was dreading the trip.  2 hours in the car, 2 flights and a 4 hour layover in Denver.  Seriously they were amazing.  I'm sure our traveling companions were thankful for that too!

*My house smells fabulous.  Absolutely fabulous.  We got the perfect tree last night and although it only has lights on it I already find myself getting in the Christmas spirit.

*My children are currently napping simultaneously.  I do realize that as soon as I hit the "publish" button they were probably both wake up but for now I'm thankful. (This was yesterday....I'm praying for a repeat today!)

*My dear husband is master's complete.  Complete!!!  I can't even express in words how excited I am that he is finished writing papers!!!  This means that when he comes home at night we can actually hang out.  Did I mention how excited I am?

*I no longer have a HUGE whole in my kitchen ceiling.  We had a leak the first week in October and have had a hole since then.  Ridiculous!!  Finally they put the last coat of mud on this morning and I have my kitchen back.  Hallelujah!!

*The sun was shining here today.  Albeit it was raining simultaneously but still!  It was beautiful.

*I LOVE our new church.  It took us a while to find one because Peter was gone for so long but now that we are settled and meeting people it is wonderful!  Did I mention it is 2 blocks from our house?

*Even though the circumstances were sad I'm so happy my boys got extra time to spend with their extended family, especially Ma & Pa!






Comments

  1. Cute blog! Such a good idea to write about things your thankful for!

    new follower :)

    Melanie @ keepitsimpleandfun.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots to be thankful for and here is another, I just gave you a "Very Inspiring Blogger" Award! Details are on my latest post. ;-)
    -Jamie
    http://chatterblossom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice list of things for which to be thankful! I am sorry about your grandfather. May you find comfort in your memories of him. You inspired me to take time and think of some of my blessings. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. New follower from the Super sync Hop. Hope you will hop over and follow back.

    Also, I host a weekly link-Up and I would love for you to come by and add some of your great ideas. It runs Wed-Fri. Hope to see you there!

    www.heymommychocolatemilk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol, I love your comment about your kids napping simultaneously. That's pretty much the only time I ever get to blog!! :)

    Newest follower from Super Sunday Sync! Hope you have a great evening!

    -Mia
    http://www.thechroniclesofchaos.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet list! I agree - it's so nice to make a "thankful" list when you're feeling grumpy. Also, my husband is done with law school next April and I can't wait! I bet you're super stoked to be on to bigger and better things. :-)

    New follower - can't wait to read more, my dear!

    http://www.missjoandco.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts