Paleo Sausage Egg Muffins


Wh

When I'm trying to stick to my Paleo diet I struggle with having to cook for every meal.  My boys have things to do and people to see in the morning and sometimes I just don't have time to cook a hot breakfast.  This is as close to a "grab and go" breakfast as I can get!  You can be creative with these and tailor the recipe to your liking.

Sausage Egg Muffins

6 eggs
1/2 pound of sausage (I use Isernio's chicken sausage)
3 chopped green onions
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp onion powder
1/4 tsp cayenne or other chili powder

Brown sausage in a skillet.  While it is browning chop your onions and beat your eggs until combined.  Combine all ingredients in a bowl.  Fill a muffin tin with the egg mixture and bake on 350 for about 10 minutes.  I use one of those flexible muffin tins so I've been able to get away with not spraying it but you might want to lightly spray your muffin tin with olive oil or your cooking spray of choice so they don't stick.

You could add anything to these that you'd put in an omelet!  Green peppers or red peppers (I hate them so I don't use them but they are SO healthy and I know if you like them they would definitely enhance this dish. Plus you get the added benefit of more veggies!), onions, sweet potato chunks, jalapeno, tomato, avocado....you get the picture!  If you aren't eating paleo but are just trying to watch what you eat you could certainly sprinkle a bit of cheese on top but not too much!

I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!  They've made my busy mornings less stressful and my waistline a little smaller!

Comments

  1. YUMMM! These look amazing. I made something similar a few weeks ago using a muffin tin and IT RUINED my pan! I used a non stick spray and they still stuck so bad! I think I need one of the flexible ones.

    Erin @ www.unconventionalmommytails.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great breakfast option. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for breakfast! :) Definitely going to have to pin this! Also, I’d like to invite you to come link up with me at my link party! I’d love it if you could stop by & link up some of your recipes! This is the link!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts