Miscellany Monday

I can never decide if a week starts on Sunday or Monday.  Last week was one of the hardest weeks I've had in a long time.  Nothing bad happened it was just hard.  I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about.  The weekend though....perfection!  So I can't decide if I want Sunday to belong to last week to redeem it or this week to kick it off in an amazing way.  Maybe I'll keep it in both!!

                                 


We celebrated six years of marriage yesterday.  It's been a busy six years.  One
cross country move...2 beautiful boys...deployments...Chrohns....cancer....crazy!

I wouldn't change any of it.



So this picture pretty much sums up last week.  We were exhausted but needed to go to the grocery on Friday night.  We had a full cart...groceries for the week...groceries to provide a meal for 14 of us camping (yes we took the boys camping!) and a meal for a friend.  As we are walking towards the checkout there was a "fire emergency" in the building.  We had to evacuate and eventually just left.  It was the worst!


Part of my struggle last week was the weather.  For the most part I have been pleasantly surprise by the weather here in the PNW.  It is mild most of the year and although the winter gets a little long it's much brighter and less rainy than I thought it would be.  Not last week.  It was in the 50s.  In August.  Every morning we would wake up to grey cloudy skies with not a bit of sunshine.  It was just not fun.  If the weather was like this in March I would be fine with it but August?  It's supposed to be our one awesome month!!  I was literally singing praises when I saw the sunrise today for the first time in over a week!!


Yes the camping.  We decided to be brave and go on another adventure this weekend.  We camped in Port Orchard with a group of friends from church.  They boys did so well and we had a great time!  We have a tent on our Christmas list now!!


Last year I adopted this motto in regards to weight loss.  Whenever I wanted to give in I remembered I would be able to look back at my progress.  Over 40 pounds later and it was definitely the right choice!

This year it's my motto for my new business.  I am LOVING being my own boss and am already making money as a consultant for Rodan+Fields.  I love that I don't have to stock inventory or have parties.  Most of all I'm having FUN and working with an awesome team.

I'm looking for people who want to change their lives to join my team!!  Email me with questions and I'll send you a free mini-facial!!


***

I'm giving away ad space over at Dawn's Disaster so head over this week and enter!

***

Linking up with Carissa today!!  Happy Monday friends!!

Comments

  1. i hear ya on the weather! I felt the same way in Monterey when it was cold and cloudy in the summer. It just got me down!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts