Sorority Songs & Sons

I had the privilege in college of being in a sorority.  It was one of the best decisions I ever made and I have been able to count so many sweet girls as my friend because of our association with that group.  Sororities and fraternities and let's face it the Air Force are full of traditions.  We had lots of musical traditions in our group.  I won't go into detail but one of our favorite songs was "Oh How The Years Go By," a 90s classic by Amy Grant.

The words are simple.  The just talk about how quickly the years go by and how no matter what we've been through we'll go through it together.  Sappy...sweet...perfect sorority song.

All of the lyrics don't really apply but can I just say....I feel like this song is on repeat in my head.  Where is the time going?  Why are my babies so big?  I am a little overwhelmed.

I remember sitting in the chair in Stafford's nursery when he was literally days old.  I finished nursing him and put him down and I had tears rolling down my face.  I'm sure the majority of this was crazy hormones but I remember thinking....I'll never get this day back!  He will never be this little.  And I was holding his little tiny hands and I thought....someday these hands will be bigger than mine.

It's hard to find the balance between enjoying sleepless nights, dirty diapers and messes.  But I only get to do it once.

I've found myself more than once just going into the boys' rooms at night just to look at their precious faces.  I am SO blessed to have them.  Their messes.  Their attitudes.  Their hugs.  Their kisses.  Their sweet little smiles.

The days and years are going way too quickly for my liking.  But I am determined to enjoy every minute of them.
Sidenote....I thought people were crazy when they said the Reedster and I look alike.  But this picture might be changing my mind!

Teaching S-man the art of the "selfie"
Love that we are starting to get some real smiles from him these days.

He is rarely a cuddle bug so I take advantage!

Comments

  1. I know exactly what you mean!! I was just thinking yesterday about planning my son's 3rd birthday and I realized that I have absolutely no idea where that time went. I'm pretty much constantly nursing a serious case of mommy denial when it comes to how fast my kids are growing up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still sing sorority songs to myself. It just brings back good memories from college.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting our little corner of the world! If you are new I'd love to have you follow along here! Have a wonderful day!

Popular Posts