Oceans


I've always been a music lover.  There is something about poignant words set to a beautiful melody that can just set your heart on fire and bring you to tears.  We spend a lot of time listening to The Wheels on the Bus & If You're Happy And You Know It lately and I have to admit I miss "grown up" music.  We sang this song in worship a few weeks ago and it has been on my heart even since.

Oceans


You call me out upon the waters
The great unknown where feet may fail
And there I find You in the mystery
In oceans deep
My faith will stand

And I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine


Do you ever feel like you are in the ocean?  When I was a kid I loved to get as far out as I could.  I loved the feeling and waiting for a huge wave to come.  Of diving underneath or jumping over.  Even though I was so small I felt invincible.  I could rise above.  The unknown and mystery of the water wasn't scary or daunting.  It was an adventure.

The older I get the less I like the ocean.  And certainly now that I have kids I'm a little more apprehensive about going in.  It's not really that I think of all the "what ifs" but just that as an adult I'm more aware of what could happen.  The mystery...the unknown...the depth.  It's a little scary.



Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now

So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise
My soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine

Lately life feels little like that ocean.  Unknown.  Deep.  A mystery.  

But I just love the word picture of this song.  

My soul will rest in your embrace.

I will trust you t keep my eyes above the waves.

You have NEVER failed.

And no matter how deep the water...your grace abounds.  Freely given.






Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders
Let me walk upon the waters
Wherever You would call me
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
And my faith will be made stronger
In the presence of my Savior

I will call upon Your Name
Keep my eyes above the waves
My soul will rest in Your embrace
I am Yours and You are mine

Can you say you trust the Lord without borders.  In everything?  

What are you worried about.  What seems to crash above your head...pulling your feet out from under you?

He wants not only to save us from the waters but to allow us to walk on them.  To take us deeper.  To strengthen our faith.

I've been thinking about how to draw closer to the Lord during this season of Lent.  Lot's of people decide to give things up.  But I've decided to focus on trusting.  On letting HIM keep my eyes above the waves.  On resting in His embrace.

I hope you will too!

Comments

Popular Posts